You know when a new episode of BkChat comes out and everyone is on the TL going mad with the hashtag, just enjoying the conversation and banter, wouldn't it be great if we had the same enthusiasm for a book once in a while? That's why I'm starting an online bookclub! I want us to enjoy books the way we do so many other forms of entertainment. There is just as much laughs and conversations to be had about literature as there is anything else - if not more! So we'll all read and share our thoughts on a book of your choice once a month!
We will be using our Goodreads & Twitter accounts and here is how it will work:
- Follow the #AtoZBookClub twitter account @AtoZBookClub and add me as a friend here on Goodreads. Make sure you have actually added me as a friend and not simply followed otherwise our interaction will only be one way!
- On Goodreads is where we will all share of our recommendations! You will send all of your recommendations to me and if you are interested in any books that are on my 'to read' shelf simply like them!
- The book titles will go in alphabetical order i.e.. the first month the book will begin with 'A', second month 'B'. Prepositions such as 'A' and 'The' will not be included. For example 'The Philosophers Stone' would come under P.
- You can suggest books from any genre.
- You do not have to suggest a book every month.
- From all the book recommendations I will choose 3 to enter into a twitter poll along with a mystery option. I will provide a clue for what book the mystery option may be and you will choose between this and the 3 other titles.
- When the poll closes, the book with the most votes will be our read for the month.
- Once the month is up anyone who has written a review on Goodreads should tweet me the link on the hashtag #AtoZBookClub and I will share them all.
- With the the hashtag we'll be able to have our conversations via twitter and discuss further recommendations. These will be shared on Goodreads once again so we can find another fantastic book for the following month!
I want to stress to you guys how important it is that we actually use Goodreads. I know it seems like a lot of instructions but honestly it's really simple. If I attempt to receive all of the recommendations via Twitter the process will be so long and I'll miss half of them. Below are screenshots of how to recommend a book on the website and on the mobile app.
Goodreads is honestly such a wicked app and it will create a much better experience if we all take advantage of it. Please leave all your comments below and let me know if you have any suggestions.